[Dailydrool] Putting weight on a dog

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 1 12:09:42 PDT 2010

Carbs are very fattening, add some carbs into his food.  Remember the "white
diet" where you do not eat any white foods?  Like pasta, rice, potatoes,
bread?  They're all carbs and full of calories.  Why not add a little cooked
pasta to some of his home-cooked meals?  Or every now and then tear up a
piece of bread and feed it to him.  You can get store brand Oyster Crackers,
the girls love Oyster Crackers.  Oyster Crackers or Cheerios sprinkled on
dinner would be a lip-smacking good thing.

Now Sister Gracie wants me to tell you to just give him lots of cookies,
that's her favorite, but as the Mama I have to say be careful of what you
start.  If he stops going to doggy daycare and doesn't need the extra
calories that he was getting from extra treats, it will not be easy to stop
giving him the treats, but you could slowly put less and less pasta or
crackers in him dinner.  Otherwise he might do like Sister Gracie does and
sit beside you and whine all evening for cookies.

Anita Woodrum
a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net