[Dailydrool] I'm 4 years old today!

Jeni Schomber jschomber at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 12:55:01 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm Colbi and I'm four years old today. Mama and Daddy got me from a
rescue and didn't even know that my birthday was the same day as their
anniversary until they got all my paperwork done. Kinda cool, huh? My
Mama is a lurker, but she said I could go on the 'puter to tell you
all about my day.

I was so excited about turning four years old today, that I woke up at
12:13 a.m. and peed on Mama and Daddy's hardwood bedroom floor. Then
since I was still excited, I left them a present on the living room
floor after breakfast. I haven't done either of those things in a long
time, so you know I must have been really excited about my birthday.

So, I'm thinking, I wonder what Mama and Daddy are going to do for me
today? Maybe a nice long walk? Maybe my very own ice cream cone? Maybe
spend the whole day rubbin' my belly? Nope. Not even close. Mama had
the nerve to take me to the vet to get my toebones clipped! Oh the
horror! Oh the humanity! I was so scared I wouldn't take a treat from
anyone. I was shakin' and tremblin' and tryin' for the life of me to
get down off that cold metal table. But Mama held on tight and that
mean lady with the clippers clipped my nails. It was awful! And on my
birthday! I can't believe Mama did that to me.

At least Mama had the good sense to go to the bank after that to get
me a treat from the nice money lady.

Now I'm sittin' at home, up on the back of the couch, lookin' out the
window. Now this is how to spend a birthday!

(Mama here... I don't have the heart to tell Colbi that we're leaving
her on her birthday to go out to celebrate our anniversary tonight)

Jeni and Phil
Colbi (I'm four today!) and Gali (not a basset, not four today, and
not looking forward to an evening alone with Colbi!)