[Dailydrool] Blind Puppy

Diane Surman diane512 at ptd.net
Sat Oct 2 07:30:36 PDT 2010

I have an opportunity to adopt a blind puppy that's just 8 weeks old.  I don
t have any experience with blind dogs whether they be old or young, and I
was just wondering if anyone out there ever had a blind dog and could advise
me on how it was.  I know there's quite a few older blind dogs on the drool,
but I was looking for someone with puppy experience.  My biggest concern is
although I have a large fenced in backyard with a very secure fence, I do
have stuff in my backyard which is not removable such as a tree house for my
kids when they were younger, a hot tub, turtle box and a platform for the
dogs.  I wonder how a dog would navigate around all this stuff.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, you can e-mail me privately if you
prefer.

Thanks,
Diane