[Dailydrool] Blind Puppy

Diane Surman diane512 at ptd.net
Sun Oct 3 10:09:11 PDT 2010

I wanted to thank everyone that has e-mailed me about the blind puppy. I got
so many wonderful ideas and responses, everything from pet insurance which I
never thought about, to tags for his collar indicating he was blind, to
stories about blind dogs in general.  I even got a story about a blind horse

The really wonderful news is that he was taken to Cornell to see an
ophthalmologist and I was actually able to talk to the doctor via e-mail.
He told me the puppy has 25% vision in his one eye and is blind in the other
eye. He told me the problem he has would not get worse and he would retain
the vision he has for probably some time to come.  He is being seen by a
regular vet on Thurs. and if everything checks out, I have decided to take
him.

After he comes to live with me, I can give a progress report on him in a few
weeks.  Thank you everyone for your responses.

Diane