[Dailydrool] Ticks in NY State

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 19:06:25 PDT 2010

This is to Judith who posted on September 20th. I know this is late, but if
you did not get the lyme vaccinations for your bassets--you should know
this-- It is not true that there are not ticks in NY state. There are ticks
that do carry lyme disease in NY state. For more information, access this
site http://www.health.state.ny.us/diseases/communicable/lyme/fact_sheet.htm
I live in a city and still get lyme disease vaccinations for all 5 of my
dogs. One of my cousins has found a tick on her body also, after being in an
area that had been exposed to them.  My 5 dogs go visit family with us that
live in the country and I do not want to chance not finding a tick on them
and them getting lyme disease. Alot of my family are outdoorsy type people
and we have to be aware of such things as ticks. My son had to be checked
for them last week, after he was rolling around in the yard wrestling with a
friend for quite sometime at his aunt's house. So, because I know there is
proof of ticks in NY state I vaccinate for lyme.  Just my choice for
vaccinating. You are also free for your choices, but I thought you should
know that there are ticks in NY state.

Well wishes to everyone. I am behind on reading the drool.  I will post more
after I get caught up.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,