[Dailydrool] Fleas

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 09:35:51 PDT 2010

Although people have thought that there is resistance with Frontline there are
other things that contribute to seeing fleas on a pet who is treated with
Frontline.  Frontline will kill fleas that get on your pet so you may still see
a flea here and there but they will die.  What the most likely situation is the
area (yard, dog park, neighborhood) has fleas and everytime the dog goes back
into that area there are more fleas showing up on the dog.  Treating the yard
and house are the best to assist.  Also although it says you can apply it the
same day as a bath I still wait 2 days after their bath to apply it.  If you
don't have cats you can try Advantix also but it is a larger volume of liquid
and my one (non basset) dog shook it up the living room wall.  I still perfer
Frontline to anything but there are other products available.  I work at a
Banfield Pet Hospital and they have FirstShield.  This is larger volume of
liquid but some owners have said they have never seen a flea on their pets.
Again I wouldn't recommend this if you have cats in the house because it also
has permethrin in it like Advantix.  Hope things helps
Laura
Flash
and Ryu