[Dailydrool] FW: We need prayers!

Shirley snoozinhounds at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 3 13:57:45 PDT 2010

Diane and Mark Burns are two wonderful fosters for Droopy Basset Hound
Rescue. Those of you in rescue know their type- the ones who lovingly take
more than one foster and still manage to help them overcome whatever issue
they have.  The bassets in this email are 2 of her fosters.  Cooper was a
beagle/basset mix who became a permanent foster a few years ago probably at
the age of 12-15 yrs and they loved him and gave him a wonderful home till
the end which came on Friday when they had to help him on his journey to the
bridge.   Little Belle is also a long term foster who was the smallest and
most traumatized of the Droopy dozen that we took in about 3 yrs ago .  The
previous "owner" was keeping them in crates in a van .  Now they all have
loving homes including 2 who are permanant fosters.

 As you can see from this attached email Diane has quite a lot on her plate
right now.  Please keep Diane in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow as she
deals with Belle who is throwing up blood and also  with her father's colon
surgery.   If you have a minute please send her an email privately at
deeburns4 at yahoo.com   I know as member of the  loving basset community she
would apprpeciate any prayers and support we can give her.  Thanks

Shirley Mueller

Mom to Sally Belle & Gordy

From: Diane Burns [mailto:deeburns4 at yahoo.com]

Subject: We need prayers!

First I would like to ask for prayers for our family. My father is going to
have surgery on his colon tomorrow morning and we could use some help from
above to get through this time. If that wasn't enough to worry about
yesterday we came home and found Belle throwing up blood. We think it was
poison. She is a little better today but not out of the woods yet. And as
some of you know Friday we had to help Cooper to the bridge. He had
pancreatic cancer and it hit fast and hard. I know the power of prayer and
we really need it right know. Thanks,D

23:34:00