[Dailydrool] Flash and Wilma

Veronica Woodruff bassetgrrl at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 08:02:40 PDT 2010

Today is the happiest of days in the Deveau/Woodruff household.  After being not only Basset-less, but dog-less for far too long, Paul and I have received a great and wonderful gift:  Flash and Wilma.  They are a bonded pair, brother and sister, and nine years old.

We are indebted to Tamara Ciric, Basset Rescue's very effective matchmaker in this region.

Our thanks to Trevor and Kelly Chisholm, who were courageous enough to relinquish them when there was truly no other choice.  We hope that the Chisholms will always remain a part of Flash and Wilma's lives.

And our thanks, too, to Father Pat Kennedy ( www.deanerybassethounds.com ), from whom we would have adopted two wonderful and beautiful hounds had Flash and Wilma not popped out of the blue.

Our hearts are overflowing.  It will be a glorious Thanksgiving this weekend here in Nova Scotia.

Veronica Woodruff