[Dailydrool] Rainy days

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 06:32:22 PDT 2010

I have to say that the Houndettes activity level goes down to just about
nothing when it's wet out. They are a bunch of divas who absolutely hate to
get their feet wet! They will mainly sleep most of the day away other than
their usual times that they always ram and do the 500 in the house. We have
a good size yard for them to race in but they always choose to do it in the
house. Ginger is the one who ends up with too much energy and will get into
trouble so she's willing to chase a ball around the house a few times but
gets bored with that pretty quickly. I'll usually give everyone a Kong with
some treats to help pass the time too. Another thing that I can count on is
that all four of them stay pretty much in the same area that I'm in so at
least I can keep tabs on them. If one disappears, I usually know that she's
getting into trouble. Ginger is our shredder and will shred paper, plastic,
anything she can get her teeth on. Shadow has a fascination with toilet
paper lately. Just today I caught her walking through the house with TP
trailing after her three times! She's so darn cute that I can't get upset
with her. Of course, if Ginger notices that Shadow's gotten the TP again,
she'll get right into the middle of it and go to town shredding it with Suzy
helping if Ginger will let her. They're a trip!! It generally looks like it
has snowed in here when they get done. Right now the Houndettes are really
enjoying the cooler weather that we're having and have been spending most of
their days outside. We're in the southeast and had a record hot summer in
our area this year so the cool weather is a welcome relief and the hounds
are loving it!

The Houndettes send drool to all who need it.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow. Suzy & Ginger