[Dailydrool] Disposable dogs and Squirrels

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Thu Oct 7 15:59:31 PDT 2010

You be the dog Brudder Jaker! Way to protect your family from that nasty ol' sales girl...or was it Brudder Jake protecting her from the momma?  LOL  I hate when sales people won't take no for an answer and then try to bully you into buying their crap.

Congratulations Conley on your trip to Nationals.  You may not have won nationals but you are a winner in the hearts of all of the Daily Droolers.

We are glad to hear that Jack doesn't need surgery. Yeah!  Rest, and get well soon.

No more cancer and surgery recovery drool to Vicki.  We hope that you get back to normal and get healthy soon.

Surgery recovery drool for Violeta and leg healing drool for her momma.

I agree with Dee about animals not being disposable. My I moved 5 hounds twice in Okalahoma and then when I had to go to Guam I couldn't do the 6 month quarintine, and they would only allow me to bring 2 dogs. So I took extra leave and trucked the dogs to my parents in Indiana where we built a huge pen for them and my parents took care of them until I could get back stateside. Then they all came to Florida with me. And as for the I have to get rid of the dog because of the new baby...What a bunch of crap!  It has been proven that children brought up with animals have less illnesses and are less likely to get allergies. Dogs help strengthen the immune system.  Also they help foster self esteem in children.  Jeez people tick me off with this kind of crap.  I just want to slap the stupid out of them!  But like the comedian Ron White says "you can't fix stupid"   Thanks with letting me vent...now where's that wine glass and corkscrew!

Diane, what is the blind puppies name?

Between the boys and the squirrels they are driving me nuts.  There is a nickzillion squirrels in mine and my neighbors yards and the boys are going insane chasing and barking at them.  These stupid things will get into our oak tree and run in the branches between it and the crepe myrtle that sits next to it...but that is as far as they can go without coming down out of the tree and crossing the zone of crazed bassets.  So they run back and forth between the trees and the boys go nuts barking at them.  Now I live in a usually quiet neighborhood and I try to be considerate of my neighbors and not let the boys bark their fool little head off.  I go out and yell at them to hush,  they ignore me, so then I go out with leashes and drag them back in the house.  They whine at the door to go out.  I tell them that they are in time out for barking. They whine.  It it is dinner time Colt will eat his dinner then go back to whining and barking to go out and chase squirrels.  Ruger won't even eat just prances at the door and whines.  I can't wait for winter and these darn squirrels to go into hibernation! Please don't tell Ruger about this post or he will have me tried and hung for treason.

Drool to all in need hugs and belly rubs to everyone else.
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Barking Basset Brothers
Colt "SQUIRREL...DINNER, SQUIRREL"
Ruger "SQUIRREL, ATTACK"