[Dailydrool] Long time reader, first time poster needs advice

Alicia Pool apool at wolfrogersdickey.com
Wed Oct 13 05:56:33 PDT 2010

I have had a similar situation with my three hounds.  First of all, I am no
expert and may be way off base, but this is what has worked for me.  We had
Flo and Gabe and then adopted Liz.  She had been a stray and acted like she
must have had to fight for everything she got to eat.  She was food
aggressive and had to have EVERY toy, etc so the others never got to do
anything.  She was a big old bully.  I started keeping her separated from
the others unless I was there to supervise.  When they were all together and
Liz would take something from one of the others or run them away from the
toys, I would firmly tell her NO and give the toy back to the dog that had
had the toy.  I fed them separately and supervised meal time also.  Liz
eventually started getting the idea and behaved as long as someone was
around.  It has only been in the last three weeks or so that the other two
now seem to be standing their ground when she tries the bully tactics, which
are getting fewer and farther between.  It was a tedious process, but the
situation is pretty good now.

Alicia, Flo, Gabe and Liz