[Dailydrool] flooring

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 16:17:18 PDT 2010

When I remodeled I opted for rough slate in the kitchen, baths, and laundry that is darker
earth tones with gray grout.  I kept the grout lines small which has really worked out well f
or me.  I like the uneven texture of the slate as the bassets and Ruby Doo (with her bad
hips) don't slide.  The rest of the house is done in 3/4" Brazilian Cherry which I got for
a fabulous price that was cheaper than laminate.  I put laminate in the bedroom but
Russell (ATB) who became incontinent in his senior years one night left a huge puddle
that I missed one morning and it buckled.  I love the floors now though most is covered
with nonslip rugs for Ruby Doo.  Now with the KOE any accident are taken out and if there
is ever and issue I can sand and refinish a lot before it ever has to be replaced again.

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang