[Dailydrool] Witch hazel and flooring

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 14:39:12 PDT 2010

-------------

re: Blue Power - we usually use Witch Hazel instead of alcohol.  It
seems to sting much less.  Another tip - place a small amount in a cup
and warm it in the microwave, just to lukewarm - 4 or 5 seconds.  They
like that better than the cold fluid.

re:  Flooring (for Val) - we had ceramic tile in the kitchen and
baths, with wood-laminate (like Pergo) in our last house.  We loved
the combo.  As long as you get any "puddles" up off the laminate in
pretty short order, it won't warp or buckle. TILE TIP: don't get white
or off-white.  Find a color that approaches the color of the dirt
where you live.  There are lots of beautiful ceramic tiles in rust and
brown designs these days.  Get a grout to match.  Makes cleaning much
easier!

--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!