[Dailydrool] Belly buttons

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Wed Sep 1 12:47:57 PDT 2010

I have never been able to actually feel the belly buttoon of any of my
hounds or those of friends to whom I have given belly rubs.  There is
generallly a small lump after the umbilical cord falls off, but that goes
away long before they go to their new homes.  what is left is just a
small scar about a quarter of an inch long or smaller, flat to the
belly.  It is generally located by the swirl of hair that collects
"belly button lint".  If you are feeling a lump an inch in
diameter you are probably feeling an umbilical hernia.  Small ones
are generally not problematic.  In fact the occasional puppy will
have one and it will close up and go away before 12 weeks.

crazy basset lady
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time
to visit these websites: