[Dailydrool] Pet-Friendly Accomodations

Tom Hickcox cometkazie1 at cox.net
Wed Sep 1 13:06:48 PDT 2010

At 12:07 9/1/2010, you wrote:

>In case anyone is thinking of evacuating - or even for future reference
>for travel in general, someone on a weather site I subscribe to
>mentioned a link to a hotel finder that specializes in pets --
>especially larger, heavier dogs.  I have not used them, but thought I
>would post the link in case it might be useful to someone else.
>http://www.bringfido.com

What a nice site.  I checked a couple of places where we have stayed
with our two hound ladies and they list them.  They also apparently
indicate when there is a pet surcharge.  I notice several don't take
dogs over 50lb.

I used to be able to count on Best Western to be dog friendly, but
they have discovered the surcharge.  Now I stay in LaQuinta whose
corporate policy is to be dog friendly.  I've only stayed in one LaQ
that wasn't very nice.  I always ask to be on the ground floor near an exit.

Tommy in Baton Rouge who is grateful Earl is not in the Gulf