[Dailydrool] Voting request for Senior Houndsabound 2011 Calendar

thepamperedpets at comcast.net thepamperedpets at comcast.net
Thu Sep 2 19:38:30 PDT 2010

I have been a lurker here on the Drool for the past year, year and a half. I truly enjoy reading the post everyday. There are so many great people on the list and I look forward to hearing about/from everyone. I had the opportunity to join the secret Pawtner this year and found it was so much fun. Now the project that I have gotten involved in is the Senior Houndsabound Calendar.
I entered my Alice to help raise funds for the seniors and also for my own selfish reason to have her become famous before she has to make her final journey.
I adopted Alice and her sister Trixie from  ABC Basset 8 years ago. I started out wanting to foster and was constantly checking the local rescues until I saw their picture, to which I said "who will adopt 2 six year old dogs together?" Well you know who did. They have been a great pleasure to our lives and then 2 years ago I lost Trixie to lung cancer very suddenly and unexpected. I was not sure which of us would die of a broken heart first Alice or me.
Alice has many quirks and issues but yet she has managed to trod on in life. She presently has had a tumor on her butt the no one thinks she will make it through surgery to remove and she has her good and bad days but she is a trooper.

Sorry this is so long. I will get to the point. We are asking that you go to www.seniorhoundsabound.biz and cast your votes for Alice to become famous and have her chance of being on the cover of the Rolling Stones (basset style).
Thanks for your support.
Nancy, Alice, Maggie, Bailey, Samantha ATB, Trixie ATB