[Dailydrool] Hurricanes

Tom Hickcox cometkazie1 at cox.net
Thu Sep 2 18:48:05 PDT 2010

At 20:10 9/2/2010, Karen wrote:

>I have been watching the progress of Earl all day.  I can't imagine
>being in 100 + mph wind with all
>the wind ran and (shiver) tornados that come with these
>monsters.   I personally would rather deal
>with one thing at a time than a nickzillion whammy.

We who live thru hurricanes have our own drills to get ready.

For those of us in Lower Louisiana, that starts when the storm "gets
in the Gulf," the magic words.  Hardware stores and big box retailers
run out of things, people get out their generators and get fresh
fuel, we keep an eye on weather TV, and hope for the best.  Three
major hurricanes in five years isn't as frequent as some places but
it's frequent enough.

As long as there isn't thunder and lightning, our hound ladies aren't bothered.

Tommy in Baton Rouge