[Dailydrool] One tired Momma!

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Sun Sep 5 07:32:04 PDT 2010

I'm operating on about 3 hours of sleep right now (and have to drive to my nephew's baptism, an hour away.)  2 days ago, Annie had one episode of diarrhea.  Yesterday evening, she started eating grass, and last night she threw up her dinner.  She seemed kind of restless the rest of the evening and, right before I went to bed, she wanted to go out and started inhaling grass again.  I waited awhile, thinking that she'd throw up again, but she didn't.  I went up to bed, but she wouldn't settle down, so I decided to sleep on the pull-out couch in the living room to keep an eye on her (SO uncomfortable!)  She finally settled down, but was up again at about 1:00, wanting to go out.   I ignored her, and she fell back to sleep, but woke me up again at about 3:00.  I took her out this time, and she ate more grass, but at a more leisurely pace.  We came in and she seemed a bit more relaxed, but her restlessness had me worried.  I was online at 3:40 in the morning, looking up the symptoms of bloat.  I started poking her stomach, listening for gurgling, checking her heart rate...  I went up to my bed once she was asleep for awhile, thinking that I could rest.  Instead, I just strained to hear her for the next 2 hours, until she woke me up wanting breakfast.  Now she seems fine, just a little tired (aren't we all??)  Annie has a notoriously finicky stomach, and I think that's all this is, but she sure had me worried last night!  I'm glad that I hired my dogwalker to come today while I'm at the baptism...it'll put my mind at ease to know that someone will be checking on her.

Rose, Annie (I'm TIRED!!) and Fred (me too!  You guys never stay still!!)