[Dailydrool] BROPS Garage Sale A Success!

Houndy2 at aol.com Houndy2 at aol.com
Mon Sep 6 12:03:53 PDT 2010

This weekend we held a Garage Sale at Joni and Gary Thomas's house for the
Basset Rescue of Puget Sound. We were given all kinds of stuff to sell as
donations and this year the weather sort of co operated with just raining
some  and not ALL the time!

Toward the end of the Sale on Sunday Basset Hounds and Basset Lovers sat in
 chairs on the lawn drinking a refreshing peach cooler (Patty's "Wally"
helped  out by eating up the spilled peach slices from the lawn) Basset Hounds
that got  left in the house howled a chorus of sad "I Got Left In The House
Blues" and  "This Is ooo Fun to Howl Together  Jubilations" all weekend and
people would til their heads and say oh that sounds soooooo sad while the
Bassets spending time on the lawn smiled happily and got belly&ear  rubs.

Suprising what can be done with a dedicated band of Lovers of Basset Hounds
 - it was a pretty grreat weekend spent for the Hounds and many Truck and
Van  Loads of the unsold good stuff got taken to the Goodwill. Everybody
wins.  Personally I would never have attempted a garage sale but with our rescue
all  together .... it seemed so asy. Hard work sometimes but easy and fun
too  especially when it was al set up and we sat together out on the lawn
taking it  easy with the Bassets.
Suprising what fun it was (hard work too)  and knowing the Bassets  will be
better taken care of with what we all raised together for the Hounds.

Love and Woofs frum  Alexa Owned by Henry who got to go to the Sale
spending the entire day running around and around the yard and house with his
Best Furrend "Stuie"and all the beautiful hounds.
PS He is STILL collapsed at home pooped out from his fun day....paws up
lips hanging open tail and ears hanging off the couch.