[Dailydrool] catching up and the oddest training tool ever

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 6 17:03:35 PDT 2010

Dear Drool family,
Thank you for so many laugh out loud moments as I try to catch up in my reading.  I send drool to all in need, especially Robert for the loss of his Mom (I will get a card to your Dad) and Essie for the loss of Olivia.  We once had a kitty named Olivia, and she had six toes on each of her front paws.  I think she was a stray who adopted us, but it was a long time ago.
I know you all know of my grief of Pierre sr which launched me to rescue Pierre jr, and he a delightful and handsome hound, but he does have "rules" that I must follow or else.  I have made great progress with him, but he does keep me on my toes everyday, all day, and why join a gym when there is Pierre jr.?  LOL.  He has amazing counter cruising skills, and never leave a remote in his line of sight, or a puzzle book, etc.  If I don't follow his rules, he is rather snarky, and he resource guards anything he steals, and he goes into defensive attack mode for his prize possession, and I have taken some "knocks" because of it.  He stole a raw corn from the fridge one day, and it was a two person, roast beef negotiation that finally got it away from him.  Took quite a while.
So one day, I was fooling around with him with the talking alligator cookie jar that I have.  It has a deep male voice that says, "uhmmm, uhmmm those sure are tasty cookies", and it terrified him.   So now when he is deviant or fierce, I just have to get the cookie jar, and he gets going, tail tucked.  I believe he has had abuse and misunderstanding in his past, probably from a man.  He has really come a long way, though, and he was meant to be for me.  I guess I have to buy up a bunch of those cookie jars to have one ready everywhere in the house.  I am rather amazed of his reaction to it.  I LOVE him with all my being, and HE IS TEACHING ME.
If this intel helps anyone with a training situation, I am glad. Nevertheless, this is a page in Jr's diary, which I hope will be very long.
Prayers and love, and especially, drool to all in  need,
Jackie and the herd