[Dailydrool] Rupert's Toof Cleaning

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 11:55:14 PDT 2010

 Hi everyone,

When we adopted Rupert 2 years ago we were told that his teeth were in
pretty bad shape. He was in need of a cleaning, and was pretty much
guaranteed to be losing a few teeth. The rescue had planned on getting this
care for him, but he continued to have other health issues that were more
pertinent, so by the time we adopted him, they just didnt have the funding
to also do his teeth.

Our goal was to do his teeth soon after the adoption, but then he swallowed
his plug and need emergency forecign object removal surgery which pretty
much depleted our "dog savings fund". Time flew by fast and it seemed
whenever the savings was replenished, Ru or Cowboy always had something else
come up that outweighed his dental care.

But the day has finally come, and Rupert is currently at the vet awaiting
the anesthesia. He was not a happy camper this morning, having to skip
breakfast and then being left at the vet all by his lonesome. But I know he
will feel better in the long run, and we will be so happy for him to finally
have some fresh breath. (We generally refer to his musk as Sewer Breath.)

So if anyone has a drop of extra drool, I'm sure he'll be fine, but we
wouldn't mind a little. Good thoughts can never hurt, especially since he'll
be under and that always scares me. :)

Thanks and drool to all,
Kacy with Cowboy (Hey! where's he going? No fair!!!) and Rupert (Haha, I get
to go with mom....er, what the hell? This isn't the park! Where are you
going woman? Get back here and feed me my breakfast....)