[Dailydrool] Buster Update...

wesley & londa weslon at windstream.net
Thu Sep 9 15:23:05 PDT 2010

We just wanted to give an update on Buster.. He arrived at his new forever home on Monday..
Was greeted with open paws, Coomo the yard dog even gave up his house in the large back yard to Buster..He was so funny, Buster inspected all of the houses offered for his comfort and he decided that Coomos house was the one suited to an old gentlemans needs..No worries, Coomo was rewarded for his kindness with a new larger house for him..
  On the monday they left My house, I gave Auntie Fran a big bottle of special treats for Buster.. they are the ones that help with joint pain.. Buster gobbled the treat right down.. and has each day.  Today Fran reports that Buster is in the Daily Basset 500! He runs with the crew, barking and stoping to throw back his old head and howl then tail  wagging joins back in the race
  Fran says it is just so wonderful to see him so active and happy.. She says he has barked at everything and everyone that comes within his sight .. He has met the neighbors with loud barks and howls and wagging tail.. She says this morning she heard Busters voice and the neighbor calling across the yard "HEY BIG MAN< GOOD MORNING HOWLS TO YOU!"
  She ask me "When is he going to be homesick and cry and wine?" and I say, "Who knows? "
Maybe never? he is so happy to be with the girls and the yard dog that he has not had time to think of his old broken down house and no one, two or four legged to talk to...
 Auntie Fran also states that Zero and Freckles are loving and always lets Buster win the race.. He is showered with kisses and just stands there with his eyes closed and lets the girls love on him..
  We thinks he is way over ten years..not sure.. He weighs in at about 85 pounds, but Fran says with all the running and playing hopefully she can  get his weight down..Someone once loved him.. we knowfrom his manners and he was already nutered...You can get down in his face and talk to him with a high voice and he will talk back...
  Buster has come home.. and there he will spend his last days ever how long they may be with a large yard,  grass and big trees for shade, a small pool of water for the hot days to play in, younger but friendly basset hounds and  two other wantabees to keep him company..His treats and his kibble..all his..and being loved every day..Uncle Charlie goes out everyday and takes the pull toys and large rope toys and everyone gets a round of ruff housing..Last account today was Hounds 2 Uncle Charlie 0.. he was on his back in the middle of the yard with the bassets on top..and Buster laying beside him in the grass...and I am thinking ..look out for red bugs!!!
  Drool to all in need.. Prayers for the slaves..
  TO all who have lost their hounds, I will light a candle tonight to burn brightly for the hounds to see thier way to the bridge.. My sister and others are there waiting cooking a huge welcome for them and the hounds and others  there are waiting with open paws...
   Cathi? AHHH sweetie what can we say? Sammy walks beside you on silent paws my good friend, to borrow your saying..Go and have a nice weekend with your loving family, and be safe..Warm southern hugs to you ...Words are wasted just now on the pain you carry..just know Wes and I are here as always..
 Pray for Our Troops
Londa and Wesley.. parttime slaves to Zero and Freckles..
and still looking and waiting on our TREY-C to come home to us...Missing sense Nov.2006