[Dailydrool] Basset Hound rescue in australia

Anthony Burges ajburges at ozemail.com.au
Thu Sep 9 15:43:17 PDT 2010

Given bassets are still pretty uncommon in Oz there isn't the need
thankfully for Basset Hound rescue down under. I know the basset hound Club
of Victoria does have a place on its website
(http://bassetclubvictoria.bravehost.com/index.html) so she could register
with them.
Alternatively the breeders occasionally have mature dogs for sale along with
the puppies and the best way to check is on www.dogzonline.com.au
The third option is she can have Douglas- my four year old undesexed male
with a serious congenital heart problem who was told would be lucky to last
a year or so but still costs us $6 AUD a day in tablets and threw up in my
bedroom last night. Sometimes the only thing that saves him is my daughter
loves him. Actually she can't have him- I do adore him just not the vomit
and the runny poo, such a delicate stomach.

Anthony Burges BDS, FRACDS
Dental Surgeon
176 Victoria Road
Drummoyne NSW