[Dailydrool] Miss Angela's new digs

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Fri Sep 10 09:37:54 PDT 2010

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

We're in!  I closed on the new place two weeks ago and we
made a long, slow move, mostly last week and culminating
in a major effort on Labor Day.  Miss Angela exhibited a lot of
anxiety as her lifelong home was dismantled.  Looking back,
I probably should have taken her to Uncle Chris' for a couple
of days during the worst of it.  I did bring her over to the new
house three times to let her poke around and she seemed to
like it (as much as a  genetically imprinted critic can. )

Monday night we spent our first night in the new house.  She
seemed to realize that I was there, her couch was there, the
food and water bowls were there and she might as well be
fully there as well.  It seemed to tire her, though, as she spent
even more time sleeping streched out on the (read HER) couch.
On Monday, I opened the back door to show her the doggie
door in the storm door.  I held the flap back while she put her
noble nose through it and looked around.  'Then one foot, another
and soon she was outside.  She poked around the back yard a
bit then came back to the door where she paused and began the
early, soft part of her LET ME BACK IN. I"M READY  N*O*W*
notification.  I called to her and she stuck her head back through
the door, then followed it in.  After that, she felt empowered to
go in and out at will.

Today, Dale Hong and his crew are putting in our waterfall.  It
uses rock from our old pond but is high and noisy to block out
sounds from a nearby highway.  Angela is at Day Camp with
her friends.  When she returns home this evening, she will no
doubt sniff around, try to clamber up and also drink from the
water feature.  I will move the patio furniture out by the falls so
that I can sit there and hand out ear skritches by the waterfall.

Next week is the big Walnut Valley music festival in Winfield
so Angie will go to Uncle Chris' house for a few days.  After
that we will resume the regular schedule of walks.  I should
be recovered from the move by then.

We look forward to March when Miss Angela can host her
annual birthday party and show off the place.

Bill (Oh, my aching back)
Angela (Don't bother me.  I'm directing amateur theatrics)