[Dailydrool] Rupert's Teef - Thanks for the Drool

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 08:07:43 PDT 2010

Thanks to everyone who sent good thoughts and drool to Rupert and I last
week. He powered through his dental and had a molar and a front canine tooth
removed. He moaned quite a bit that night as the anesthesia wore off, but
overall he has bounced back pretty quickly. He ate his kibble that night and
has still been demanding walks and bellyrubs as usual. Plus he's still
getting spoiled a bit more than usual as he is on antibiotics until this
Friday, which means a ball of cream cheese twice a day.

So, thank you to everyone for thinking of my big red boy. I am so happy it
went well, and it is so nice for him to have such fresh breath.

On a side note, he had a third tooth that they said had an enamel defect and
would need consistent home care (brushing) in order to be saved. They
offered to remove it, but I opted to keep it and hopefully be diligent
enough to brush often. I thought a couple times a month was often, but
apparently they want me to brush it daily....hmmm, should be interesting.
I'm gonna aim for a few times a week and then go from there. He's really
good about letting me brush, it's just a matter of finding the time and
keeping the supplies nearby so I can do it in front of the tv or something.

Drool to all,
Kacy w/Cowboy and Rupert