[Dailydrool] Gotcha day

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Tue Sep 14 15:46:51 PDT 2010

I am a bad momma.The boyz Gotcha Day was 3 Sep. That was the day I went and picked up the little wrinkled balls of fur from the breeder. I was soo excited that I didn't sleep for 2 days.  DH was on a military trip and supposed to be back that night, the plan was  for us  to pick them up the next day.  Well I couldn't wait, as soon as the breeder called to tell me that her and the pups had just returned from the vet with health certificates in hand, I was out the door and on my way.   Oh yeah..I took off work at noon to sit by the phone waiting for that call.   DH called from the Atlanta airport, heard the pups playing in the back ground and me giggling like a love sick school girl.BUSTED!  "You were supposed to wait for me to go get them, I wanted to go with you!"  Yeah right, like I was ever really going to wait on him to go get our babies. I told him "well now they are at home waiting on you!"  It's hard to believe that it has been 4 yrs since that day, and oh my doG have they grown and developed into fine hounds.  Colt is the lover, his personality hasn't changed very much. Ruger however used to be kind of stand-offish and look down his nose at you and would never give up the belly, unlike Colt who is a classic belly rub hound.  But now Ruger has discovered the joy of pets, snuggles and belly rubs. He will even jockey for position against Colt for prime momma snuggling positions.  Everyone thought that I was crazy to get the brothers, but honestly they were good for each other and for me.  Other than a few issues they have been very good boys.  They had moments when I thought that they might be heading down the OEBE path.  Chewing 2 large holes in the  wall of their bedroom, stealing my socks and undies every chance they got, tearing a hole in their beds and pulling all the stuffing out, pulling my plants out of the pond and destroying them. Just to name a few.  But after about 1 -1/2 years old they calmed down a tad. They are still very tight, one never being out of eye sight of the other for very long.  They love to chase the squirrels, play platypus lure chase, and basset 500.   I can't imagine my life without them.  Happy Belated Gotcha day to my Bad A** Basset Brothers Momma Loves you both very much