[Dailydrool] Dog bites

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Fri Sep 17 06:34:08 PDT 2010

Though she does not write about bassets, I was highly entertained by the
following blogger, who certainly knows her dogs.

http://knobnotes.blogspot.com/search/label/Dog%20Bites%20101

Unhappily, this link is not her most entertaining. However, it could really
help anyone who, as I once did, gets bitten by a basset (or any other dog,
for that matter).

The doc I spoke to when I was in the hospital, after being bitten by our
Abner, told me that if I should get bitten again, I should run water over
the wound for a long time. This blogger evidently got different advice that
I think might be much better (especially considering the general state of my
bathroom sink). Read down beyond her description of the bite incident, and
you'll find the advice on dealing with dog bites.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets