[Dailydrool] The Bugler and Editor Riche Churchill

Houndy2 at aol.com Houndy2 at aol.com
Mon Sep 20 11:34:59 PDT 2010

Sad to hear that THE BUGLER'S Printer just closed down the doors to  the
printshop. Glad to read though that Riche is still gonna send out THE
BUGLER!!!

YEA WE LOVE THE BUGLER.... over the years JP and I have run for the
mailbox to get The Bugler like crazed nutheads. Always the thread so golden and
true has run through and The Bugler has been so helpful and also .... just
like  Basset Hounds...sometimes so witty and sometimes droll...ALWAYS a good
read. It  has been a beacon of light and has done so much to help Rescues for
the Basset  Hounds. Besides...Riche has such a grreat sense of humor..it is
fun to reilly  reilly read every inch because you never know WHAT you may
find! lol

Great photos Good Info Good Karma

In the housefire May 3rd at our house...  my favorite Basset Magazine  The
Bugler (along with Tally Ho's too from the very beginning given to us by
Dick and Evelyn Basset), Houndy Magazines and old collectable clippings (I
found  the box of copies of the first DD...that I thought had been put in
recycle...all  the stories and fun...all  were ruined.. all wet, smokey and
slimey with  mould all THE BUGLERS were ruined. I had complete collections all
organized from  the very beginning and now... it is all gone. It is too bad
that I did not give  away more of the magazines.

Losing everything  to the fire (especially my Friends Basset Hound  Wilma
who was staying with us for safekeeping) was hard..still is hard. Now that
the Bugler is no longer being mailed it made me think of "another loss" it is
so  sad that we can't have The Bugler to get in our mailbox anymore.
Perhaps...it will be "OK" and people will see this great value and continue
 to support this magazine. I sure hope so.

It is so sad to learn of us not being able to get the Bugler in the mail
anymore. Ahhh but we all have printers and the cost was always soooo cheap
for  the magazine. I hope everybody still subscribes. It is such a great
magazine I  hope Riche got lots of letters and words Thanks and hopes that she
will continue  on with her magazine.

Love and Woofs, Alexa Owned and Loved by Hudson and Henry and the  Hounds