[Dailydrool] Itchy Hound & msgs from Ruger

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Mon Sep 20 14:27:43 PDT 2010

Linda, my Boyz are having a hard time with the itchies this summer also.
This is what I am doing with the them. If you are not already doing it,
wipe Dewey down after you bring him back inside, this seems to be 70% of
the battle. I also limit their outside time to mainly potty time, with
just a little squirrel chasing and perimeter checks. The vet has them on
Temerel-P which is expensive but worth them not being itchy hounds. Also
the vet prescribed us an anti-itch spray called Dermal-Soothe.  It has
been a lot of work to keep the hounds itching & scratching under control
this year.

Ruger here: Bazzle, Glad that you are out of the dungeon. If you are
looking for body armor to cover your butt against the girls
chompers...Go with Dragon Skin. Colt and I saw it on the military
channel's "Future Weapons".  That is some good stuff!  Might be a good
idea for you to keep a low profile until the armor or momma's new air
splint comes in.  Stay safe!

Congratulations Wilma on finding your new forever home.  Word of
advice...start the slave training immediately...some of these slaves are
thick headed, and well not very intelligent like mine. Momma isn't too
bad, many hounds have been involved in years of training on her.  But
the Daddy, different story, we are his first hounds and he is not wise
in the ways of the basset. Plus he is never home long enough to go
through much training. Patience is a virtue when trying to train them.
Good luck!

Budder Elwood, Sounds like you are going through the POW portion of
survival training. Either that or you might want to go PBF Supply and
get issued some dive gear. Make sure your oxygen tank works. Might need
it if Elder Clara comes back and tries to flush you.  Hope you're a
strong dog paddler.

Momma wanted me to put this link in, it's to an article on the Guardian
Angel Basset Waddle. They have lots of pictures of all the hounds, to
include Romeo & Juliet.
http://www.journalstandard.com/photos/x995827902/2010-Basset-Waddle

Drool to all the sick or injured hounds and humans
Ruger, ASTT Director
Gulf Coast Team Leader