[Dailydrool] Talking bassets & dragonflies

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Tue Sep 21 09:16:49 PDT 2010

Congratulations to Flash & Maggie for winning all of those ribbons!
Sounds like you and your 2 legged sister had a wonderful day.  I sure
hope that she gave you some good treats for making her look so good!
Hehehe.

I have really enjoyed hearing about how all the bassets talk to their
slaves.  Too funny, I can just picture momperson growling at Nigel,
Llewis, & Conley...I growl at Colt and Ruger when they start to stick a
snooter in my plate of food. They roll their eyes at me and then lay
down beside me. Arfur having morning pillow talk with his humans too
cute. And the Precious Stone Hounds training their human to respond to
different woofs.  I think that it is amazing how in touch we become with
our furkids and how we learn their language,  Especially considering
every hound has a somewhat different dog to human language. I have
always said that you don't train a basset, but if you are lucky you come
to an understanding with a basset.  You tell them what you want them to
do and they tell you how, when & where they will do it.  But more times
than not it is the basset that trains the human.

BUV recovery from thieves drool is being slung to Brenda, Copper and
Elphaba.  Hopefully your BUV has OnStar or Sync so the police can
recover it.  Hope you get it back without any damage.

There has been a Nickzillion dragonflies in my back yard the last few
weeks, and several hummingbirds. It has been nice to sit on the patio to
watch all of the activity.  But the strange thing is the boyz have not
been chasing them and they chase everything that moves out there.
(squirrels, lizards, cats, opossums, etc) But they have been happy to
sit on the patio with me while I sip a glass of wine, Ruger in my lap
and Colt laying in his bark o'lounger.  Yeppers me sitting in a regular
patio chair with a 56 pound basset who for some reason decides that he
is a lap dog when I sit on the patio.  He very rarely gets in my lap any
other time unless it is to get in my face to bark at me that it is time
to play when I am trying to ignore him...obviously Ruger will not be
ignored.

Drool to all the sick or injured hounds.
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers