[Dailydrool] KOE and Bad Smells

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Wed Sep 22 07:26:30 PDT 2010

The KOE sounds great, but when someone posted the price, I thought I would pass this on.
When our primary foster home here in Utah applied for a kennel license, the animal control officer suggested she use mouthwash on her flagstone patio to kill the odors.
I have a lot of stairs to get to any grass and two of mine pee on my deck (and one poops
there sometimes).  Directly underneath is the entrance to my basement (cement pit with
a few steps and a drain).  Not only does the deck smell, but the pee gets into the entrance
area on the concrete and reeks.
I buy the biggest bottle of generic Listerine I can find (under $3.00 for 33 oz.) and mix it
half and half with warm water and swish it around the deck and the entrance. The smell is
gone--and it kills the germs that cause the smell, so you feel kind of sanitized.
Could not use it on carpet, but on hard surfaces it is great, and cheap. I personally like the
citrus smell, but minty is nice, too.

Marilyn Briggs

Marilyn