[Dailydrool] Need help with barking basset

cindy stockdale cbasset at att.net
Wed Sep 22 04:56:00 PDT 2010

I have just returned to the Drool after a long absence due to no computer.
I am seeking help for my friend who just adopted a senior basset girl.  I am not
sure if she has separation anxiety or what.  The poor girl does nothing but bark
when she can't see my friend,  He can't spend 24/7 with her and I am afraid he
may return her.  I do not want to see this happen.  She has already been
returned by a previous adopter, probably for this same reason.  I have suggested
a bark collar for a short time and even drugs, but he is not really open to
these options.  Can anyone offer any solutions or suggestions?  I would really
appreciate the help.

Mom to 5 bassets