[Dailydrool] Strut Your Mutt - after action report

Dan Hickey d_hickey at ca.rr.com
Thu Sep 23 11:03:27 PDT 2010

Last Sunday between 6:30 and 8:30 am about 1300 people gathered at the Santa
Monica Pier inches from the Left coast to walk about a mile with their dogs.
(On an early Sunday morning in LA, that boggles the imagination). In the
center of it all were the BaRNi volunteers with a regal carriage drawn by
basset slaves (what else?) and a nickzillion Cyber Waddle signs and 60+
Basset Hounds. You can guess which group was the hit of the day and it
wasn't the chinchilla, I mean Chihuahua ranch either. It was foggy and cool,
perfect for bassets and slaves. Afterward there was food, demonstrations,
contests, vendors' booths and several nickzillion more pictures taken of
Basset Hounds. Did I mention we got a lot of attention? And the best thing
of all, BaRNi brought in some sorely needed moolah. Everyone had a wonderful
time.

While we'll have to wait a whole year for the next Strut, We're all looking
forward to the Basset Hound Club of Southern California's 56th Annual Basset
Hound Picnic on Oct 24th.

My SYM photo's:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=38073&id=100000004284321&l=2e8397c8cf

Dan Hickey