[Dailydrool] Rescue Buppy

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 24 09:20:07 PDT 2010

I know I have said it before, but not since I adopted buppy #3 in the past 3 years.

Why 'since I want a puppy I can't rescue' should ever go through anyone's mind is beyond me!  It just is not true.  Almost all the rescues I hear from and about have had puppies this year - some have had LOTS - ask NEBHR - ask AZBHR - ask GABR!

This year we adopted Bruno from Helping Paws Humane Society.  He was taken to a kill shelter at about 10 weeks old because 'he was getting too big' for the people who bought him from a backyard breeder.  HPHS pulled him - brought him to me to foster - and he had his forever home about 12 hours later!

In 2008 we adopted  Sweet Pete from Basset Rescue of Florida.  He came to us at 16 weeks but had been in foster care for a month previous to that.  In 2007 we adopted Hannah Lee Dawg from Basset Rescue of Florida.  She was left at a vet to die of Parvo.  They lost her sister but saved Hannah Lee - or Little Angel as they called her at the vet.   She came to us at 12 weeks old.

Go to www.petfinder.com and type in your city or zip code.  I can almost guarantee a basset, or mostly basset mix can be found within driving distance of whereever you may be!  All three of ours appear to be purebred and are sweet and beautiful.

I apologize for re-posting the same old thing.  Just please don't say 'can't' 'rescue' and 'puppy' in the same sentence!!!!!

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU , RESKU , HORSEKU and DUFFY TO THE RESCUE with TOM SCHRECK!