[Dailydrool] Bloat question

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Fri Sep 24 14:08:57 PDT 2010

Happy Birthday Chumley.  The boyz and I hope that you have a wonderful day filled with tasty treats.

Okay I read this somewhere but for the life of me can't remember where, but it is something that has been bothering me.  I read on some doggie website that you shouldn't walk a basset before or after them eating.  OKAY. So when do I walk them, they are bassets and always in search of food be it in their bowls or on alert for any crumbs to hit the floor, or food to steal off of the plate of a slave that is not protecting said food.  Seriously, is meal time and walks like the human version of eating and swimming (don't go in the water within an hour of eating)?  So my question is, what is the appropriate span of time to wait between hound meal and walking or walking and hound meals in order to prevent an increased risk of bloat?  Or is the eating/walking thing not really an issue?

Thanks in advance,

Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brother, who I don't want bloating