[Dailydrool] Butt scooting and bad breath

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 25 13:26:17 PDT 2010

Butt scooting around here usually means they are either using the only carpet in the whole house (every room is tile or wood except for an area rug in the livingroom) as toilet paper!  Also could be anal gland issues - so easy to empty them yourself.

I just wait til bath day and get the dogs lathered up to help me with the stinky.  You locate what feels like walnuts if they are full - like nothing if they are empty - at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock on the sides of the dogs anus.  Gently bring your fingers together and the deed is usually accomplished.  I don't attempt any internal messing around - leave that to the vets - but this is nice and easy and can be accomplished at home.

Bad breath could be helped by tooth brushing.  We do it every night - cheap kiddy toothbrushes but good expensive doggy toothpaste!

Now you are only in trouble if the breath is bad becuz of butt licking and I can't help you there!!!

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU , RESKU , HORSEKU and DUFFY TO THE RESCUE with TOM SCHRECK!