[Dailydrool] Big day for the brothers

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sun Sep 26 07:01:40 PDT 2010

Yesterday the boyz had a wonderful afternoon. Daddy finally walked in the door around noon and the hounds went wild! You would have thought they were a bunch of teenage girls meeting the cast of Twillight.  After they settled down we went to Dog Daze at the Ft Walton Beach Landing which is a very nice park...I just wish they would turn at least part of it  into a true dog park. Dog Daze is a big event to help support several animal shelters/rescues around the area. There was a nickzillion dogs there and I'm sure that there had been a nickzillion more there throughout the day. While we were there we ran into the daughter of the breeder that we got the boyz from. She recognized Colt & Ruger right off, because we had sent her mom pictures of the boyz and even took them back up to see her several times before she made her journey to the bridge after losing her fight with pancreatic cancer. The boyz loved going back up there because they had 2 acres of fenced in yard for them and their mother to run in with lots of trees.  At Dog Daze we also saw 2 other basset and a couple of basset mixes all to cute! Only one basset didn't have her forever home and was up for adoption. She was beautiful, and darn near a spitting image of Colt. Honestly she looked just like him except she was smaller and more petite then my rhinocerus butt boy.  Her name was Copper and she was 2 years old with Alaqua Animal Refuge.  While we were there I tried really hard to get her adopted...We had several people want to pet the boyz and they'd mention "oh I love bassets, I want one or I used to have one and want another" So I told them that Copper was over at the Alaqua tent and she was the female miniture verson of Colt. I wanted to bring her home myself but the DH said no, that I had all the houndage that I could handle...and yeah he's right. I just need to win the lottery so I can be a stay at home basset mom. Anyway if anyone is interested in this sweet little girl let me know and I will do anything that I can in order to help get her into your loving home.

Michele momma to the squealing Basset Brother
Colt "Daddy's HOME!"
Ruger "where the H have you been, why you gone so long, I am not pleased with this, now rub my belly"