[Dailydrool] Rosie update 9/27/10 at 2:00pm central time

Anita Sacrey agilitydawgz at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 27 12:03:43 PDT 2010

Just spoke with the vet.  Rosie is doing well and is waking up from surgery.  He didn't find a true blockage, just intestinal swelling and infection from the irritation caused by the string.  He's given her antibiotic injections and she is now on IV antibiotics.  He said she will probably come home tomorrow.  Which gives me 24 more hours to figure out how I'm going to pay the bill!  I'm just so relieved but am still on edge because she is still fighting this infection.

If anyone has any ideas as to why a dog would suddenly start eating weird things, I'd love to hear them.  This is the second case of this in my household recently, and I've never had this before with any of my dogs.  I'm trying to think whether something is upsetting my dogs but I just can't imagine, and it's very difficult to upset Rosie anyway.  I hope it is not something within the household that is upsetting them all.

Anyway, I hope we are through the worst part but please keep the drool flowing!

Anita