[Dailydrool] Funny word

Linda Dianis ldianis at comcast.net
Wed Sep 29 09:50:34 PDT 2010

I subscribe to Wordnik word of the day. The last 2 days have been very
bassety.
I do not mean to imply that bassets are loppy as in "full of fleas,"
nor a swad as in "rude, coarse fellow,"  but you have to admit these
are pretty good--

For example, The PBF is a group of loppy swads (of the sea, soldiers
or squad--as in antiterrorist squirrel team)

The Wordnik Word of the Day for September 28, 2010 is

loppy
(adj) Hanging down: limp and pendulous.
(adj) Full of fleas.
(adj) Short; lumpy: said of the sea.

The Wordnik Word of the Day for September 29, 2010 is

swad
(noun) A pod, as of beans or peas.
(noun) A short, fat person.
(noun) A rude, coarse fellow; a clown; a country bumpkin.
(noun) A soldier.
(noun) A crowd; a squad.

Linda, with Otis and Nelly