[Dailydrool] A little too far . . .

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Fri Apr 1 04:23:14 PDT 2011

This is a genuine story going into my paper here in the UK on Monday!
Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK

SPENDING £20,000 on a wedding ceremony for your dog sounds crazy to most of us, but that's exactly what Louise Harris did.
Her pampered pooch Lola is now set to star in a new documentary, A Different Breed, which airs on Sky 1 on Wednesday.
Lola's wedding dress was encrusted with Swarovski crystals and flown in from Los Angeles, where it was designed by the costume designer for the film Beverley Hills Chihuahua.
Louise, 32, from Great Notley, says: "It was really, really bonkers.
"It was probably like having a trial run for my own wedding. We had favours, we had balloon decorations, we had a marquee.
"I would say it's probably more elaborate than some people's own weddings.
"I actually had a wedding organiser. Elite Events Essex did it for me and they were fantastic.
"They sourced a vicar that marries dogs.
"I had a chocolate fountain that was for dogs with doggie chocolate in there."
There were 50 human and 30 dog guests at the ceremony, held in the grounds of a private house, and the groom was chosen in an X Factor-style audition.
His identity, and the wedding pictures, are being kept a secret until the programme is aired.
Wedding organiser Lianne Hill, of Elite Events Essex, based in Chelmsford, says: "That was the first time I have been asked to do a doggie wedding.
"What I say to any client is I am not here to judge what or why they are having a party."
Louise, estimates she has spent about £100,000 over six years on her Yorkshire terriers Lola, Lulu and Larry.
She runs a successful dog grooming and accessories business in Chelmsford, Essex, selling everything from a £24 taco fancy dress costume to a £3,510 18ct gold dog necklace.
A Different Breed starts on Wednesday, on Sky 1, at 8pm.