[Dailydrool] Bulging Disc

DkMcSki at aol.com DkMcSki at aol.com
Sat Apr 2 18:22:14 PDT 2011

Hello, my seven and a half  year old male basset was diagnosed today  with
a bulging disc in his back.  Difficulty walking back legs are weak  moving
slowly.  He was put on Prednisone, Tramadol and Gabpentin with a  return
appointment in a week.  Vet said he wants to try this first, then he  said if
this doesn't work he could do surgery to take care of it.  How  anyone out
there gone through this, I want the pills to work so badly because I  am afraid
of his age and a surgery of this kind.  I  need some advise,  do I go
somewhere else, the vet is top of the line in our area, he said this  happens in
Bassets, Beagles and Dachshunds.  Thank you for all for your  help.

Deb Kawtoski and my "Otis Boy"