[Dailydrool] Shelter Challenge

Tom Hickcox cometkazie1 at cox.net
Wed Apr 6 07:06:39 PDT 2011

At 17:28 4/5/2011, Val Brewer wrote:

>I have just voted for Belly Rubs Basset Rescue in Tennessee in the Shelter
>Challenge (day 1 of the new contest). I set up my routine by typing "shelter
>challenge" into the Web Search slot, then clicking on the entry that came up
>that says "Vote for a shelter". To find Belly Rubs (which I had mistakenly
>thought was all one word), I ended up typing just the word "Basset"
>in the name
>slot, and TN (for Tennessee) in the state slot. Then hit search and
>Belly Rubs
>came up. I voted. From now on this information will come up. To confirm the
>vote, I went to the next page. This go around they are giving us
>letters to type
>instead of animal pictures. The letters I had to copy didn't spell anything
>really, which perhaps was the point. I think I had to copy something
>like "U m
>trial". To check results, it is a matter of clicking on "see
>complete results"
>and then clicking on "states". Belly Rubs took an early lead on day
>1 with 10%
>of the total TN votes, its nearest challenger at 3%. Go, bassets.
>Everyone pitch
>a ball for Belly Rubs in honor of Elder Clara. Semper fido.

Welcome to the club.  Our motto is "Vote early, vote often!"  <bg>

That set of sites has been around for a while.  I became aware of The
Hunger Site in 1998 and have been visiting it and its descendents
ever since.  Now there are six of them, and clicking them every
morning is part of my routine.  They recently added a veterans site,
which I appreciate as a veteran.

They are good causes, sometimes have interesting vignettes, and it's
worth my time to go there every day and support them.

Tommy H in Baton Rouge