[Dailydrool] Shelby and stuff

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 7 18:13:43 PDT 2011

Right now Shelby is on the couch next to me trying to figure out if it is ok for her to nap.  She has been rather unsettled lately or just really annoying.  She wanders around barking and barking and barking and so on.  I think she just wants to make sure someone is close and can hear her.  She is a one woman in and out insanity bid every day.  I think she goes in and out so much to collect as many treats as she can.  The DH put her up here with me since she cannot climb up onto anything taller than about 4 inches.  She is extremely short.  She is shorter than short and has the dexterity of a pineapple.  She has gone to sleep which I was hoping she would.  Ninja is apalled that I would allow such a creature into what she considers her space.

A couple of days ago I came home from work and found several pieces of dry dog food by the front door.  Unusual since everyone hoovers their breakfast down and there is never any left ove.  More little pieces were along the hall into the kitchen.  Reminded me of Hansel and Gretel.  In the kitchen was Shelby, happily munching on all the dry food she could want.  Her head was in the brand new bag that was on its side.  The was an unopened bag when I left for work.  There were no teethmarks or tears.  The string had been removed to and was nowhere to be seen.  There was just a full bag of food and a very happy fat old basset muching her way to doggie bliss.  I don't know who opened it or why but Shelby didn't ask any questions.  She just ate and ate and ......

Miss Marley is feeling a lot better.  Still snarking but more just the normal everyday crabbiness.  She hides when any mention of treats comes up because she doesn't want her ears cleaned or medicined.  She likes a pill part because there is cream cheese.  All of the girls get a "pill"  when Marley gets hers.  It is easier that way.  Even the cats come in and want a pill.  They also come running when any other treats come out.

We are all in the family room asleep and gaseous.  I hope no one decides to light a match.  Not all of us are gaseous.  Just the four leggers.  The kitties are laughing.  They would never be gaseous.  They are much too suave for such things.

Julie with Ninja, Marley, Maggie and a very happy Shelby who is snoring up a storm next to me right now.