[Dailydrool] Queen Pawtunia could not wait till she got the other things Ready...1920's DEPRESSION GLASS BASSET POWDER BOX!!!!!

bassetslave bassetslave at comcast.net
Thu Apr 7 20:14:24 PDT 2011

Queen Pawtunia here -

I can not believe I am getting to type these words. 1920's to 1930's,
DEPRESSION GLASS BASSET POWDER JAR IN FROSTED PINK. Seriously. I actually
convinced the she slave to part with one of her oldest, most unique and
treasured basset collectibles.

She even  bought a book to look it up. Bedroom and Bathroom Glass of the
Depression Years, Whitmeyer 1990, page 17. The Diamond shaped frosted pink
powder jar has a "Basset Hound Finial". The box itself is 5 1/2 long by 4
1/4 high. Also called a puff box, they were made in interesting shapes to
persuade a cash starved society to splurge. That is exactly what this Queen
is doing now!

http://dailydrool.com/cgi-bin/houndsbay.cgi?category=homedecor
<http://dailydrool.com/cgi-bin/houndsbay.cgi?category=homedecor&item=1302489
036> &item=1302489036

They came with powder but could be used for anything after the original
product was used. The were made in pink and green. I have not found a PINK
one for sale anywhere in years. I did find, and borrow this image because my
paws could not do the box justice. It has a few flaws, they are fragile and
even in green, few perfect ones exist. There is a crack that runs inside the
glass at one corner. It can't be felt on the in or outside, but is visible.
There are a few tiny chips on the underside edge of the lid and top of the
interior box. The basset is perfect.

The fragile houndie and box are about 90 years old, they are entitled to a
few character marks. It is a spectacular, incredibly rare bit of basset,
cra...can't even use the term. It is a timeless, priceless wonder. Don't bid
if you won't love it. You don't know how long I had to give the look to get
this our of her clutches......big eyes, poor hounds, not disgrace
Momcakes....and Auntie Feyfey and I even worked in that Clara and Melba
would want her to do it.....I am a shameless little Queen.

More stuff soon, but this was too big a deal to sit on!! Wag Wag...

Thanks. Queen Pawtunia