[Dailydrool] Basset Gone Wild!

Houndy2 at aol.com Houndy2 at aol.com
Sat Apr 9 00:11:06 PDT 2011

Hudson our oldest he just mosey-ed in the office with one of my realllly
expensive fancy under wire bra's arm hooked around over his head and he
looked  so funny so surprised. We laughed till we almost wet our pants he looked
so  cute AND was naughty wrecking my underwear. When my husband
said..."THAT'S  SOME BAD HAT HARRY" he woofed bra on his noggin and looking soooooo
silly. H O W  do they get into the pickles they do anyhow????

Hudson just wagged and looked up adorable so innocent...Yeah like he
wasn't the one snooping around in the dirty laundry bucket hoping for a dirty
pair of under shorts or T shirt to run all around the house with his  "prize"
carried high and showing off whipping some stinky article of  clothing in
the wind.

Hudson's eyes are soft brown and melty AND he looks so innocent. Innocent
and good...his NOSE that's the culprit and what he might do next due to
being ruled by that honker keeps us laughing. It is fun to read on the DD of
your Bassets thought i would tell you about hudsies" Basset Gone  Wild"
little eppisode.

That mischievousness is pretty fun isn't it? He has his own life and
hanging around with Basset Hounds does sometimes require a lot more care and
patience but it is so worth it. If we ever yell at him(LIKE: HOW COULD YOU OPEN
 THE BEDSIDE TABLE AND GET OUT MY NEW GLASSES AND CHEWTHEMUP!!!) he just
wags and looks adorable as he can. OEBE fer sur. Can be frustrating but ya
just  gotta laugh and admire them for their industry, determination and
smarts.  lol

A good friend was telling me yesterday about the Foster girl she had
visiting..how the Basset had a cotton swab sticking out of her mouth  (purloined
from the bathroom waste basket bottom maybe?) as she sashayed  into the room
and when my friend laughed and  took the cotton swab out of  her mouth the
little Basset DUCKED and shied away as if she expected to be  struck.

But my friend said she went ahead and took the cotton swab out  of the
hounds mouth. WHAT had happened to her before and HOW  OFTEN to make her so
afraid? Afraid still now when all she knows is tlc in  her Fosterhome. It is
tough being a Foster parent sometimes.

It is sobering to think that people hit the dogs and it is sometimes a
long way back a long road in Fostering to come to the day of  that Foster Hound
know they are loved and have turned into a sassy  mistevious beloved hound.
it is sometimes hard to foster...along the way you get  a peek into the
hounds former life and the humans who dump them like trash  because they are
moving or the baby is due etc.

Lucky little Bassets that get taken in by their foster homes.
Lucky me to have a naughty 8 year old basset hound named hudsie who  steals
bras and gets caught withthem on himself. lol Basset Gone Wild!

Love and Woofs from Alexa Owned and lovedby Hudson and Henry