[Dailydrool] Stuff, and more stuff

Wendie Prince houndsabound at att.net
Sat Apr 9 17:29:46 PDT 2011

Hi all,

First let me say I am so behind.  I read and mean to send a note to all who
have left for the bridge, but have not for a couple weeks.  I am so sorry
and please know, our candle gets lit and the Bounders send up aroos each
night in honor of those who have left us.  It is really quite sweet when
they erupt,  I always tell them it is a beautiful aroo for the Bridge
travelers.

The Bounders had their monthly Buff and Puff today,  we had about 9 of us
here to love on them, bathe them, do ears and get their nails done.  I love
that we can get all this done in about 2 hours,  for 15 hounds.   We have 2
bathing/ear  stations, one for nails,  and today, we were able to have one
for brushing.  Noah hogged John most of the time for this.  I think he would
get brushed 24/7 if possible.  We have some really wonderful volunteers.
Sara and Jared have been bringing their baby, Gracie over, since she was
born,  and I am really trying to get her to say "woof" as her first word.  I
have no doubt mom and dad are working behind my back to have her say
something more appropriate...:)

As far as multi hound households,   I agree with whoever said the boys get
along better.   I would take a house full of them sometimes when the girls
start getting grumpy.    With 15 here, granted, (5 are Beagles--spelled
Prima Donnas)  but for the most part, all get along very well.  We have a
few who we watch closer than others,  but it works.

SO glad Molly is doing better!    Yesterday, Eddie had to have 7 teeth
pulled.   When I picked him up from the vet,  he looked a little bloated,
but thought it was just my eyes.  He ate his dinner,  or lapped it as he is
getting "soup" for the next ten days,  and later last night,  he was
bloated.  But I didn't freak out, as he was not panting, or pacing.    We
settled down on the floor with him, and he laid down and started to go to
sleep.  But his belly was full of gas and when I tapped it,  sounded like a
watermelon,  that hollow sort of sound.  Not what I want to hear.  I got
some Gas X out and had him take some.  It took a while, but his belly did
start going down some.  I didn't sleep till about 3am, when he looked normal
again.  Bloat is scary and having had 3 other hounds go through it,  I am
very  watchful with it.

Spoke with the vet today about it and she said the anesthesia can slow the
intestines down.  Still, I gave him more Gas x tonight and might just keep
him on it as a regimen.

We are in full swing for the yard sale coming up on April 30th.
Procurement of items is going well, and I expect to pass our last year's
total of 5700.  Am trying for 7000, but not sure I have that much stuff.   I
think we have about 20 volunteers coming out to help for the day.   We need
it.if anything like last year, we stayed busy up till about 4pm, after
officially starting about 7am.  Long day, but it is really a fun time with
everyone and good cash from the community for the hounds.   Keep no rain in
your prayers for us in Orlando for the week after Easter please!

We have several folks coming in from out of town to help out,  we all get to
wear our special Bounder Patrol tees for the event, so if you want to come,
and volunteer,  you can wear one too!   We are ordering by the end of this
week, so let me know if you want one.  They are special only to the yard
sale.  Not on our website.

Sorry this is long,    we send out tons of drool to those needing it,

Wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org> www.seniorhoundsabound.org