[Dailydrool] Multiple Hounds

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sun Apr 10 04:43:48 PDT 2011

Momma here. I am so enjoying all the posts on this thread. I find houndee behavior just pawsome.  Being down to 3 hounds--what seems like next to none for me.....---I have been on high alert of what is going on in the pack order. Elder Clara ruled this place like she made the mortgage payments, and now, things are changing. I have been on constant alert, watching eyes, movements, who is sleeping where, who has what toy, what ever might trigger something. This time things have been real strange--when Clara passed. these guys were glued down, but when I brought Clara's ashes home, they all sniffed and it was like--okay--now lets get back to "normal"--Elwood was the most noticeable on this.
As things change here, I find Sister Daisy being top dog, even as quiet as she is. She speaks with her eyes. She will flash a look that will stop Elwood flat. She allows Jake to wash her face. And---yes--she is now on the perch. Clara taught her more than we know. She is also getting demanding, she will push the boys out of the way, and she will pound 85 pound Jake flat. Elwood knows better than to even get himself in that position-the brain cell kicks in once in a while.
Having a "herd" of bassets is amazing, they speak in so many ways.

The Bear story----well Brudder Elwood said he will share----he is finally getting back to writing again--maybe Clara's bridge posting is helping him too.

Drool to all in need--

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,