[Dailydrool] rehabilitating dog aggressive dogs

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Mon Apr 11 12:35:28 PDT 2011

The spuse had an encounter last week with a pit bull that came from a
rescue.  I am assuming that anyone running a pit bull rescue would
know they need to work hard on doggy aggression issues before getting
placed in wonderful supposedly forever homes.  Apparently this rescue
didn't work at it hard enough.  The spouse had just takes sweet
little Crazy to the vetspital to have her rabies shot and as a reward to
Crazy for being good and to kill  some time he took Crazy for an on
lead walk on hikiing trails popular with dog walkers.  Up comes a
nice young couple with a pit bull (on a pinch collar, BTW) and said PB,
with no warning or provocaation, assaulted our Crazy.  He had her
whole snooter in is mouth and in true PB fasion, he would NOT LET GO.It
took two of them quite some time to pry those iron jaws apart and get
Crazy loose.She  had several deep punctures in her little snoot, one
near her eye, and a slit in her lip (did I mention Crazy is supposed to be
a show dog if she ever gets her act together and the sme time i get me act
together?)  The people clearly had not been led to believe they had
adopted canicidal maniac.  They were very sorry and offerred to pay
any vet bills ( The spouse said NO.  He's lucky I let him come back
home.)  So back they went to the vet.  Dr. Gary checked her out
again and said she should be fine and sent her home with Tramadol for Pain
and antibiotics for whatever that beast had growing in his mouth.
The trouble is, I actually LIKE pit bulls.  Every one I have ever
known was a pussy cat.  But I would not EVER enter their home without
their slaves present, nor let them too close to my
dogs.    Apparently this couple had never gotten the
message when they adopted this boy.  I was afraid Crazy (the show
dog, remember) might become fearful of dogs,  but the spouse took her
directly from the vet to a training class a friend teaches.  We knew
all the dogs there were sane and would be social contacts.  Crazy was
a bit leery at first, but did fairly well with the dogs.

Crazy
by the way is still perforated, and sore, but doing well.

crazy
basset lady
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time to visit