[Dailydrool] Basset interferes with job

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 21:25:12 PDT 2011

Today I was assigned to go out in the field to train a co-worker. Now my job requires that I be assertive, a tad bit intimidating yet very professional. So everything was going wonderfully, we made all our stops, did our investigation and the last stop required us to go to a house. There were kids playing in the front yard, we go over and ask to speak to their mom and low and behold a basset comes out of the garage. I immediately get bright eyed and bushy-tailed. I tugged on my co-workers sleeve.

"A Basset!, A Basset! I chant, like I was a four year old, looking at a christmas gift I always wanted. The basset wearily makes her way over to me and I let her sniff. One of the boys comes back and says "oh yah she is kinda shy with strangers." Of course by this time I am on the floor letting her sniff me and cooing over her.

My co-worker whispers to me "Act professional" but I continuing chanting "A basset! A Basset!" like I didn't have one at home. So much for the professional training LOL

Luckily my co-worker knows how head over heels in love I am with my dogs and has even met Speedy and Rambo. It did make us laugh when we returned to my car and recollected how total professional I was at that particular stop. LOL just glad our boss wasn't with us.

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo