[Dailydrool] Accomodations for the Empawress Ruby Doo and Cyrus

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 12:59:34 PDT 2011

This is Lt. Harley of the PBF coordinating final bodyguard arrangements for
Commander Bo.

1. Sleeping arrangements. Both the Empawress and Cyrus have requested extra
thick, extra large, extra plush bedding. This will not be a problem. The
Commander and I sleep with the humans on a thick, heated, king-sized waterbed.
The more the merrier. In an inspired moment, the DH decided it would be fun to
be able to look out the window to the coastline while lying in bed, so the DH
raised the bed four feet off the ground, making it next to impossible for either
humans or hounds to crawl into it. So there is now a set of steps next to the
bed. This is certainly a worthy throne. Neither my brother nor I use crates. We
were both over-crated at several previous homes and loathe them.

2. Food. Due to my brother's intestinal issues, we eat twice a day special
kibble mixed with boiled, pureed chicken breasts (organically raised) from the
human food store. I think you will both like these meals. I will check on the
grain free issue.

3. Limousine. Will a battered Honda Element do?

4. Walks. I love walks; the Commander hates them. The DH has insomnia and takes
an hour long walk in the middle of the night each night and would be thrilled
for your company. In our new headquarters we have a very large fenced yard and a
newly constructed dog ramp; there is a large doggie door, so fetch is quite
possible on the grounds of the PBF compound.

5. Varmints. There are no terrorist squirrels in Hawaii but the Ratailaban is
strong here. There are also mongooses, which look rather like squirrels but do
not wreak havoc. Mongooses were inadvisedly imported to Hawaii to kill rats. But
the importers did not take into account that mongeese are active during the day
and rats are active during the night, so the two populations live fairly
independently. Not entirely thought out, bright idea solutions like the above
characterize a lot of problem solving here in the islands.

6. Red dirt. On our island we have mostly black lava rock, so red dirt is not a
problem.

Looking forward to seeing you both. Lt. Harley